Do you have a personal mantra? A personal mantra is meant to inspire and motivate you to be your best through an affirmation.
What Is A Personal Mantra?
A mantra is typically a statement or positive phrase of how you want to live your life.
Positive Affirmations have been spoken and used by many for years, and they genuinely work.
Mantras are considered sacred calming sounds, the most common is “om” towards the end of a yoga session.
Often a mantra is used for meditation and is a word or phrase spoken in Sanskrit. It’s said repetitively to help the mind and body focus on the present moment.
Mantras are often thought to originate in eastern religions but are usually found in Christian and Catholic prayers. Many Latin phrases like “Carpe Diem” and “Semper Fidelis” are used.
Sometimes Mantras get confused with Mottos, which is an entirely different thing. A motto focuses on your life and the person you want to be.
How You Speak To Yourself
Often we think and tell ourselves negative things like, “I’m not good enough,” or “I’m scared,” or “I can’t do that.”
One of the essential phrases you will speak is “I am,” and what follows these two words can directly correlate to who you are and how you think.
The words you speak have power and meaning, either negative or positive.
It takes time to use positive mantras, and as you incorporate this habit into your daily schedule using them consistently, you will re-define who you are.
To start, you can say, “I matter,” “I’m confident,” “I’m attractive,” and “I can do this” to take yourself away from the negatives and re-center yourself.
In time personalize your mantra. Instead of saying, “I’m confident,” say, “I am confident I can overcome this situation, and everything will work out okay.”
Personalize “I matter” into, “I matter and what I say matters, and people like me for who I am.”
How To Create My Personal Mantra
Your personal mantra can be anything you want it to be. Let it guide you and the way you want to live your life.
It can be a saying, a famous quote, or something from the bible.
Some more guidelines are:
- Begin your mantra with “I” or “My” so that it’s personalized to you
- Make your mantra positive
- Make your mantra specific to you and the current situation
- Your mantra should be short, so you can easily remember it
Sanskrit Mantras Translated Into English
- Om – believed to be the original vibration of all life. Often repeated during yoga and meditation, studies have shown that chanting “om” results in alertness.
- El Shaddai – means “God Almighty” in Hebrew. Some feel closer to God when they use this phrase.
- Shanti – Peace
- Ananda – Bliss
- Bhakti – Love, Faith, and Devotion
- Prajna – Wisdom
- Dharma – Righteous path
- Prasada – Happiness
There are many personal mantras, and this list will help you pick the perfect one that suits you best.
Personal Mantras For Happiness and Well-Being
Using personal mantras for happiness or happiness mantras helps you visualize and express gratitude and confidence in yourself, in return making you smile and happy.
- I love myself
- I am strong
- I no longer allow fear to rule me
- I matter
- I am good enough
- I welcome abundance
- I have everything I need
- I am at peace
- I permit myself to prioritize my joy and happiness
- My life is good
- I determine my happiness
- I will pursue my happiness
- I’m confident with myself and my life
- I will live life and seek joy and happiness
- I will spread my love for life
- I deserve to be happy
- My joy and happiness is abundant
- My life is whole, and I am content
Mantras For Motivation
These motivation mantras will help you to stay motivated to achieve your dreams. Make it a habit to keep these personal mantras with you every day to inspire you to succeed.
- This is the moment to begin
- My passion pushes me to begin
- I have big dreams
- One year equals 365 possibilities
- I continue to make progress
- I move forward with courage
- My actions today improve my life tomorrow
- Don’t wish for it; work for it
- Great things don’t come from comfort zones
- I say yes to new adventures
- As you know more, you grow more
- One step at a time
- I bring my mind back to get the job done
- I didn’t come this far only to come this far
- Wake up. Kick butt. Be kind
- Yesterday you said tomorrow
- Excellence does not require perfection
- If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up
- You don’t have to go fast. You just have to go
- The best way to get something done is to begin
Self-Esteem and Self Love Mantras
Need a boost to your self-esteem? These mantras for self-esteem can help build self-confidence in yourself. How you speak to yourself makes a huge difference, and being kind and positive with your thoughts about you will help you achieve success.
- I value myself, and I love my mind, emotions, body, and spirit.
- I take joy in every positive step I take.
- I don’t have to be perfect to be confident.
- Just breathe. All will be well.
- You are enough.
- You are smart, you are kind, you are important, and you are enough!
- I will fill my heart with love and joy every day.
- It’s okay to make mistakes. I’m human! I still love and appreciate myself.
- I do my best. At the same time, I know I’m not necessarily in control of the outcome, and I won’t lose my confidence if things don’t go my way.
- I can better myself! I will stop worrying about what will happen and let it flow.
- This, too, shall pass.
- I have power over my thoughts and emotions, and I will not let them control or define me.
- I frequently remember my successes.
- I know my life is a miracle, and I respect it like a precious gem.
- Every day, I am constantly evolving.
- You don’t need to be perfect to be worthy of love.
- Small progress is still progress.
- You are doing as best as you can.
- I’m grateful for bumps in the road; they help me steer in the best direction.
- I believe in myself. I’m excited about my talents, gifts, and qualities.
Mantras For Positivity
End your negative thoughts and further your positive lifestyle with my Power Of Positive Thinking Ecourse. It’s the The ultimate blueprint for people who want to progress further in life with a simple mindset switch.
Here are 20 Mantras for Positivity.
- I attract good energy
- Joy is right here
- Be easy
- Tomorrow is a new day
- I do not judge myself or others
- Learn by doing
- I surround myself with positive people
- Each breath I take fills my body, mind, and spirit with positive energy
- This thought is a choice
- I am proud of myself
- My life is just beginning
- Go slowly and take the time to do things right
- Today will be an excellent day
- My life is filled with positivity
- Look at the past and see how far you’ve come
- If I desire greatness, I must work for it
- Only you can steal your joy
- It will get done
- Negative thoughts only control me if I allow them
- I have potential, and I matter
Mantras For Anxiety
When we’re anxious, it’s common to think these anxious feelings will last forever.
Anxiety and constantly worrying can lead to physical ailments like nausea, shortness of breath, and muscle aches.
Do your best to control your anxiety and remind yourself there is an end in sight, and these anxious feelings will go away. Begin with thinking and living in the present moment instead of worrying about what might happen in the future.
Use the following list of anxiety mantras to get you through the hard times.
- I’m loved
- This will pass
- I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it
- Failure will not define me
- I am powerful, and I deserve every power-filled thing
- You are lovable
- Others love you
- One day at a time
- I will be okay
- I will not be denied
- I’m in control
- Calm down
- Thank You
- I’m more than my mistakes
- My life matters
- All is well
- I am wisdom, love, and selfless
- I can redeem myself
- Look how far I’ve come
- I am worthy of a calm, peaceful life
- Today I choose peace
- I live in the present moment
- I am worthy of good things
- I am safe and secure
- I am more than my anxiety
Mantras For Inner Peace
There are many ways of finding inner peace and increasing your happiness. Three simple things I do to improve my inner peace are being out in nature, meditating, and most importantly, being grateful.
Whether it’s a short walk down the street or a day hike, being out in nature can increase your happiness while lowering stress levels.
Mindfulness meditation helps to enhance your attention and decrease distractions. Dedicating a small amount of time every day helps increase inner peace and happiness.
Gratefulness is very important to your inner peace, and I like to keep a gratitude journal. Try practicing writing every night and list all the things you are grateful for each day.
Grateful people are aware of life challenges but choose not to focus on them; thankful people practice positivity in their lives, positively influencing life events.
Here are a few Inner Peace Mantras to help guide you.
- I am still
- I am at peace in the present moment
- I choose serenity and peace
- I forgive myself and others. I am free
- I live in the present moment, not the past or the future
Personal Mantra Quotes
The following are some quotes for a personal mantra you can use.
- The past has no power over the present moment. – Eckhart Tolle
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. – E.E. Cummings
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose. – Robert Byrne
- It’s never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot
- At the deepest level of being, you are one with all that is. – Eckhart Tolle
- We write our own destiny; we become what we do. – Madame Chiang Kai-Shek
- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. – Theodore Roosevelt
- The most important things in life aren’t things. – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. – Eckhart Tolle
- Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
Mantras That Will Change Your Life
Below are a few of my favorite personal mantras which you can use. Pick and choose either your favorites or ones you have trouble believing in.
Change them around, repeat them daily, and you will see these self-statements will become effortless with time.
- I am worthy
- I am in control
- I’m unstoppable
- I am full of life
- I am my own best friend
- I create my future
- I am the architect of my life
- I am becoming the best version of myself
- I am proud of myself
- I am in love with who I’m becoming
Become Your Best Self
I want and know you can become your best self. Pick and choose from the personal mantras I’ve given, put some effort into saying and repeating them and see how your life changes.
Personal mantras can change your attitude and perspective about life and situations that may arise. We all face challenges, and it’s a part of life.
Remember your personal mantra in tough times and believe in yourself.
I hope this has uplifted, inspired, and empowered you to live your best life possible.