Having confidence and self-reliance is at the heart of finding yourself. You must believe in yourself, have a solid sense of self-worth, and trust your feelings. To help you, I’ve put together my favorite quotes about finding yourself.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.“Mark Twain
Finding yourself for some can take a lifetime because they are not serious about exploring their inner self, while for others, the process of self-discovery is entirely natural.
It usually takes something big happening to a person to change their perspective, and once started can help put you on the right path to finding yourself.
This post may contain affiliate links, you can read my disclosure policy.
What Is Finding Yourself?
So what is finding yourself? Finding the real you allows you to become self-sufficient and do things for yourself.
Finding yourself is hard to put into words, it’s a feeling deep inside. Here are a couple steps to help you find yourself:
- Realize who you truly are
You may have a set idea of who you want to be, but is this person who you were designed to be? You were born with specific gifts and talents, you need to use them how they were meant to be used. When you find yourself you will see the big picture.
To help you discover yourself I recommend taking a personality quiz. This test will help you discover who you are.
- Learn to be quiet
Many people are afraid of silence and are uncomfortable being alone. Give yourself some time to be alone and enjoy the solitude.
Step away from the noise, the conversations, and the media. Go for a walk, sit outside and observe your surroundings. Being alone should not be scary or lonely but you should have a feeling of independence and you should be able to contemplate your life.
- Evaluate your relationships
You do not need to be loved by everyone. Accept that some people will not like you or think poorly of you no matter what you do. These people are very negative and have a hard time being happy for you.
If you are existing to fulfill other peoples happiness, you will never uncover who you are. Also try for yourself to release all negativity from your mind.
It can be difficult and with practice you will learn to handle your negative thoughts the positive way. Positivity can bring happiness and help you enjoy fun and new experiences.
- What is your passion?
Discover what you are passionate about and pay particular close attention when you notice something you love doing. This area of your life is what you are good at and is your strength.
When you are passionate then you are putting an effort toward something you love and as time goes on you will see the result of your efforts.
- Ask others you trust
If you are having trouble finding yourself then ask someone you trust to five you feedback.
This person should be able to tell you your strengths and weaknesses and their answers should allow you to develop further into finding yourself.
The answers won’t and don’t need to be perfect but give you a sense of who you are. Sometimes friends and family who are close to us can help us see things we don’t, allowing us to improve ourselves.
Products We Recommend:
- Weighted Blanket
- Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- Essential Oils
- Anti-Stress Gummies
- Happy Light Therapy Lamp
- Calming Scented Bath Salts
- Self Care Gift Set
- Yankee Candle Lavender Calming Scent
Quotes About Finding Yourself
I want to help you on your journey to finding yourself so I have put together a list of quotes about finding yourself.
1. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. “Aristotle
2. “Man never knows what he wants; he aspires to penetrate mysteries and as soon as he has, he wants to reestablish them. Ignorance irritates him and knowledge cloys .”Henri Frederic Amiel
- Quotes about believing in yourself
- 37 more quotes about believing in yourself
- Motivational quotes about success
- 60+ Mighty quotes about Inner strength
- 101 quotes about light and darkness
- Quotes For People With Depression
- Quotes On Patience
3. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. “Jimmy Dean
4. “You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in. “Mandy Hale
5. “The only journey is the journey within. “Rainer Maria Rilke
6. “The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. “Muhammad Ali
7. “Not until we are lost do we being to understand ourselves.” | Trying to find yourself quotesHenry David
8. “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates. “Thomas Szasz
9. “I feel the older I get, the more I’m learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it’s all about finding yourself. “Ringo Starr
10. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. “Howard Thurman
11. “Doubt kills more Dreams than failure ever will. “Suzy Kassem
12. “I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there. “Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
13. “I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision. “Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “If you don’t get lost, there’s a chance you may never be found. “Anonymous
15. “You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need. “Jerry Gillies
16. “When you make the finding yourself – even if you’re the last person on Earth to see the light – you’ll never forget it. “Carl Sagan
17. “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, then I told them they didn’t understand life. “John Lennon
Finding yourself in life quotes
18. “Life is painful and messed up. It gets complicated at the worst of times, and sometimes you have no idea where to go or what to do. Lots of times people just let themselves get lost, dropping into a wide open, huge abyss. But that’s why we have to keep trying. We have to push through all that hurts us, work past all our memories that are haunting us. Sometimes the things that hurt us are the things that make us strongest. A life without experience, in my opinion, is no life at all. And that’s why I tell everyone that, even when it hurts, never stop yourself from living. “Alysha Speer
19. “Never look back unless you are planning to go that way. “Henry David Thoreau
20. “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better.” | Discover yourself quotesBlaise Pascal
21. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. “Carl Jung
22. “No one knows who Peter Parker is. People just know who Spider-Man is. When you get that in the mix of growing up and finding yourself, that’s more of a relatable tone than being Captain America and having the country’s weight on your shoulders. “Jacob Batalon
23 “A lot of times when life doesn’t turn out the way I want, it turns out better. “
24. “No matter if you think you can or you think you can’t… You’re right. ”Henry Ford
25. “To find yourself, think for yourself.”Socrates
26. “Somehow, we’ll find it. The balance between whom we wish to be and whom we need to be. But for now, we simply have to be satisfied with who we are. “Brandon Sanderson
27. “Don’t spend all of your time trying to FIND yourself. Spend your time CREATING yourself into a person that you’ll be proud of. “Sonya Parker
28. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. “Mohandas Gandhi
29. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self. “Aldous Huxley
30. “There’s only so much you can do of trying, finding yourself very close to getting a part and then not getting it. “Dominic Cooper
31. “Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. “Gloria Steinem
32. “Sometimes when you lose your way, you find YOURSELF. “Mandy Hale
33 “The greatest explorer on this earth never takes voyages as long as those of the man who descends to the depth of his heart. “Julien Green
34. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out. “John Wooden
35. “A man’s growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends. “Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. “Lao Tzu
Finding yourself quotes
37. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. “Henry David Thoreau
38. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed. “Ray Goforth
39. “Why should we honour those that die upon the field of battle? A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself. “William Butler Yeats
40. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing–that’s why we recommend it daily. “Zig Ziglar
41. “Your real self may be hiding somewhere, look for it within, when you find yourself, you can freely be what you want to be. “Michael Bassey Johnson
42. “Find yourself first-like yourself first-love yourself FIRST & friendship & love will naturally find YOU.” | Finding yourself quotesMandy Hale
43. “You can run away from yourself so often, and so much, just because the broken pieces of you cut your feet too deeply if you stay around for too long. But then what if someone were to come along and pick up those pieces for you? Then you wouldn’t have to run away from yourself anymore. You could stop running. If someone sees you as something worth staying with— maybe you’ll stay with yourself, too. “C. JoyBell C.
44. “Finding oneself and one’s path is like waking up on a foggy day. Be patient, and presently the fog will clear and that which has always been there can be seen. The path is already there to follow. “Rasheed Ogunlaru
45. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning. “Robert Kiyosaki
46. “Nothing in the world is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. “
47. “Be who you are, and find yourself so you can be your own person and enjoy life with no regret. “Bonnie Zackson Koury
48. “For most men life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed.” | Search for yourself quotesClifton Fadiman
Figuring Yourself Out Quotes
49. “A hill is just another opportunity to leave your competition behind. “
50. “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions. “
51. “Know yourself. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. “Ann Landers
52. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. “Albert Einstein
53. “Don’t worry about finding your soul mate. Find yourself. “Jason Evert
54. ” One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. “Henry Miller
55. ” Know thyself?’ If I knew myself, I’d run away. “Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
56. “You’ve got to know yourself so you can at last be yourself. “D. H. Lawrence
57. “I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself. “Maya Angelou
58. “Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly. “Epictetus
59. “There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self. “Benjamin Franklin
60. “When life hits you hard, make sure you have your gloves on. “
61. “You’ve got to find yourself first. Everything else’ll follow. “Charles de Lint
62. “When you fight yourself to discover the real you, there is only one winner. “Stephen Richards
63. “You learn to speak by speaking, to run by running, to work by working; and just so you learn to love… by loving. “Francis De Sales
64. “It is the individual who knows how little they know about themselves who stands the most reasonable chance of finding out something about themselves before they die. “S. I. Hayakawa
65. “One’s own self is well hidden from one’s own self; of all mines of treasure, one’s own is the last to be dug up.”Friedrich Nietzsche
66. “The longer I love, the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.”Frank Lloyd Wright
67. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”Walt Disney
68. “Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering. “St. Augustine
69. ” I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of. “Michel de Montaigne
Finding Yourself Quotes
70. “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life and there is nothing better. “Blaise Pascal
71. “The well bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves. “Oscar Wilde
72. “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one. “James A. Froude
73. “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. “Lao Tzu
74. “If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions.”
75. “Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis. But wisdom comes by putting things together. “John A. Morrison
76. “One was a book I read by Mahatma Gandhi. In it was a passage where he said that religion, the pursuing of the inner journey, should not be separated from the pursuing of the outer and social journey, because we are not isolated beings. “Satish Kumar
77. “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. “Buddha
78. “A man who finds no satisfaction in himself will seek for it in vain elsewhere. “La Rochefoucauld
79. “A year from now you will wish you had started today. “Karen Lamb
80. “It always seems impossible until it is done. “Nelson Mandela
81. “Not all dreamers are winners, but all winners are dreamers. “Mark Gorman
82. “Resolve to be thyself; and know that he who finds himself, loses his misery. “Matthew Arnold
83. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. “Winston Churchill
84. “The man who has no imagination has no wings. “Muhammad Ali
85. “I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy. “Warren Buffet
86. “Remember to muster up your courage and silence your fear. “Suze Orman
87. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. “Thomas A. Edison
88. “Learn how to separate the majors and the minors. A lot of people don’t do well simply because they major in minor things “Jim Rohn
89. “When you combine hard work, creativity, and self-determination things start to happen. “Sophia Amoruso
I hope you enjoyed my favorite quotes about finding yourself and it motivated and inspired you.
More Inspirational Quotes To Enjoy!